[Koha] PTFS Acquisition of LibLime Reactivated and Completed(Wagner, Jane)

Lenora Oftedahl oftl at critfc.org
Wed Mar 17 05:04:59 NZDT 2010

Perhaps PTFS should just have an automatic redirect set up now for koha.org to point to koha-community.org

Quick fix that sets the right tone.

>>> Chris Nighswonger <cnighswonger at foundations.edu> 03/16/10 8:43 AM >>>
Hi Jim,

2010/3/16 Jim Minges <jminges at nekls.org>:
> Will koha-community.org/ continue, and which
> site will in fact be regarded as the global community site?

It was with much regret that the community elected to take the action
of moving to koha-community.org. The move was long delayed with the
hope that koha.org would "come home" so to speak. This, unfortunately,
did not happen. As the community cannot expect to be held in any
respect if it consistently changes, that decision is not up for
reconsideration as I understand it. We have now gotten beyond the
issue of the website, and assets, and are moving forward: necessary
actions in order to maintain the health of the community. So from the
point of its inception forward, koha-community.org should be
considered *the* authoritative site for the Koha community.

Regarding koha.org and other assets held by others than the community
appointed custodians: time will tell what the ultimate status will be.
Should, at some point in the future, these assets be offered back to
the Koha community, I should think that they would gladly and joyfully
received. And it would be a simple matter to make koha.org refer to
the koha-community.org should such a time come. However, all of this
is pure speculation at the moment and mostly a diversion of time and
energy in a useless fashion. We can cross that bridge if and when we
come to it.

Kind Regards,
Chris