[Koha] Checking/Changing "missing" status. Was: Variety of questions about Koha installation

David M. Bucknell dbucknell at iteachnet.org
Wed Mar 10 15:34:38 NZDT 2010

Thanks, Owen.  Answer below:

----- Message from oleonard at myacpl.org ---------
     Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:33:32 -0500
     From: Owen Leonard <oleonard at myacpl.org>
  Subject: Re: [Koha] Checking/Changing "missing" status. Was: Variety
of questions about Koha installation
       To: david at intknowledge.com
       Cc: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz

>> Now I see froma post by Owen about Cynthia's "How to mark as missing?"
>> question that there might be something similar there.  When we add a
>> book, everything works fine, but we can't put it on hold -- it's
>> marked as "Lost or missing."
>
> Where does Koha say the record is "Lost or missing?" On the screen
> where you place the hold?
>
>   -- Owen
**** It says it in the OPAC view when I log in (perhaps I should log
in as a non-admin user?).  I have uploaded a screenshot here:
http://intknowledge.com/sites/default/files/u8/missing-cannotHoldItem.png

You might be able to see it yourself:
http://koha3.intknowledge.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-reserve.pl?biblionumber=1

Strangely, from an outsider's view, it says both that the item cannot
be put on hold and also that it is not on hold.  Nevertheless, I was
not permitted to place the hold.

I made a patron-user without admin rights and that user got the same
message, so _somewhere_ there is a hold on that item.

Thanks for asking,

David

----- End message from oleonard at myacpl.org -----

--