[Koha] wiki.koha-community.org

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Wed Mar 10 00:11:01 NZDT 2010

Le 05/03/2010 23:09, Galen Charlton a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am making a proposal for Equinox to host the new koha-community.org wiki.
Catalyst for bugzilla, Equinox for wiki, BibLibre for mailing lists,
savannah for downloads, will be a widely spread project ;-)
I vote "yes"

> Thomas Dukleth has offered to work on the wiki, so he will be one of the people who has shell and wiki admin access to start.  Email me if you want in on the fun.

Huray for Thomas. There's a big need for cleaning/re-organising the
wiki. really big...
> * Do we want to take this opportunity to switch to MediaWiki (or $some_other_wiki), which can manage multiple languages better than DokuWiki?  I'm personally open to any suggestion, but I'm happy to install the current version of DokuWiki and upgrade to MediaWiki or something else later.

I don't have any argument for or against, except I know docuwiki pretty
well (we use it internally), and not mediawiki.
Add that the need for multiple languages on the wiki is secondary (who
will take care of translating pages ? at least for frenchies, i'm sure
no one won't)
> * Do we want to start the wiki's content from scratch?
mmm... good question. considering the actual wiki is quite disorganized,
i feel it will be easier to start from scratch (and copy-paste
interesting parts) than to reorganise what exist.
> That would allow us start fresh with a clean organization of the information, and would also allow us to establish the GPL as the license for the new wiki from the get-go.

++

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com