[Koha] Recreating entry 952 in marcxml using "sync_items_in_marc_bib.pl"

Toni Rosa arosa at tginet.com
Tue Mar 9 23:34:05 NZDT 2010

Hello,
We are using Koha 3.0.5 to migrate data from another privative ILS.
We have managed to import the biblios (using the bulkmarcimport.pl script)
and we have been able to Insert the items data directly into the items
table.
The problem is that the marc definition (the marcxml field in biblioitems)
doesn't contain the 952 and thus some parts of koha that expect the items
information being there don't work properly.

Is there a way to recreate the marcxml field or at least the part of the
items?

I have seen that there's a script called "sync_items_in_marc_bib.pl" and
although I wasn't sure that it could do what we need, after launching it I
get this error:

# perl -I /usr/share/koha/lib/ ./maintenance/sync_items_in_marc_bib.pl
--run-update
 problem with :14 : :26: parser error : Premature end of data in tag
subfield line 26
    <subfield code="c">23 cm., r
                                ^
:26: parser error : Premature end of data in tag datafield line 23
    <subfield code="c">23 cm., r
                                ^
:26: parser error : Premature end of data in tag record line 2
    <subfield code="c">23 cm., r
                                ^ at
/usr/lib/perl5/XML/LibXML/SAX/Parser.pm
line 31

(...and many more errors about the "bib record being corrupt."...)

So summarizing, my two questions are:
1. Again, Is there a way to recreate the marcxml field or at least the
part of the items?

2. If the solution is using this "sync_items_in_marc_bib.pl" script, how
can I make it work?

Thanks,

Regards

P.S: I already posted this message to the [koha-devel] list. I am sorry
about crossposting it, but after sending it I realized that it would make
more sense sending such a message somewhere else but to the devel list.