[Koha] 942 field added when item record is edited in Cataloging module

Stacy Pober stacy.pober at manhattan.edu
Sun Mar 7 21:30:31 NZDT 2010

We are using LibLime Enterprise Koha.

I set the system up so that  items with the ITYPE of EBOOKS,  display
a "View this eBook" link in the summary results.  (This was set up in:
kSummary: <a href="[856u]">View this eBook</a>)

Most of the time it works. But some ITYPE=EBOOKS records do not
display the Summary "View this eBook" link in the search results.

I've been investigating why this is the case.  It seems that ALL of
the records that I edited in Koha lose their "View this eBook" link.

For some strange reason, when I edited some of the  item record in
Koha's cataloging module, the system automatically inserted the
following field:
942    _2ddc
       _c1W AV

I was adding 505 fields, and did not change or add the 942 or any 9xx
field.  As far as I can tell, all the ebook records with 942 fields
lose the "View this eBook" link.

What are the 942$2 and 942$c fields in Koha and why would they be
added automatically to any edited record?    Why does the presence of
these 942 subfields suppress the Summary (the "View this eBook" link)?

How do I prevent this problem when editing records?  I want to edit
specfic fields without the system generating extra MARC fields that do
not seem necessary and which muck up the display of the records.

Can someone test to see if this happens in real Koha?  I don't know if
it's an issue with Koha generally, or only with LibLime Enterprise
Koha.

--
Stacy Pober
Information Alchemist