[Koha] Koha Digest, Vol 53, Issue 19

Stacy Pober stacy.pober at manhattan.edu
Sat Mar 6 20:38:42 NZDT 2010

>>> Personally, I think it should be irrelevant to those seeking a vendor
>>> too. ?If a vendor needs to should that loudly about what contracts
>>> they're signing, rather than reporting afterwards in journal articles
>>> and so on, then something seems a bit wrong to me. ?"X signed Y" is
>>> not clear news - it might just mean X's sales/negotiators are good.
>>>
>> yes and no: I think it's important for someone to know that a french
>> university has choosen Koha and BibLibre. If you're a university, you
>> may find this information usefull.

Press releases have a poor signal-to-noise ratio.

I think this information is best provided in a table that shows the
names of Koha libraries, the version of Koha they are using, and, if
they are using a support vendor, which one they are using.

This way, the information is provided, but the puffery is not.

--
Stacy Pober
Information Alchemist
stacy.pober at manhattan.edu