[Koha] Koha-Community Site & Press Releases

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Sat Mar 6 07:44:16 NZDT 2010

On 6 March 2010 06:35, Owen Leonard <oleonard at myacpl.org> wrote:
>> One example is that the paid for support listing is now back to
>> alphabetical, which usually almost no-one wants.  Great for Anant and
>> BibLibre - bad for software.coop and Tamil.
>
> No sorting option will be "equal" under this definition. Alphabetical
> is at least neutral. Should the list be shown in a new random order
> each time you visit? That seems like it would be confusing.
>
>> Also, it's only coming from vendors and vendors usually aren't going
>> to issue a press release saying it's all gone wrong with a client, are
>> they?
>
> No, but if library neither is a vendor going to offer as a reference a
> library which was unhappy with their services. At least with an
> archive of press releases libraries can see what agreements have been
> made in the past.

You know whats neat about all this discussion? We can actually change
things on the site.
So big ups to NEKLS for hosting and for LIz for setting it all up and
making changes.

I really don't care what order the companies are, alphabetical is
easy, thats why I did them that way when I shifted from the old site.
All I want is to provide no judgement at all, if people are worried
that coming first alphabetically somehow is saying this company is
better than another then lets change the order. Personally I think if
a client picks the first company out of a list just because it's first
... you probably don't want them as a client anyway.
Someone has to be first someone has to be last, whatever order we
choose as the default should be consistent so people can spot new
entries.

Chris