[Koha] Questions about running bulkmarcimport.pl and rebuild_zebra.pl

Otis, Perry W Civ USAF AETC AUL/LTIA perry.otis at MAXWELL.AF.MIL
Sat Mar 6 06:33:49 NZDT 2010

I just setup a Koha 3.0 system and am using bulkmarcimport.pl to import
MARC records in batches of 80-90k records.  After, running
bulkmarcimport.pl on a batch of records I run rebuild_zebra.pl to index
them.   Rebuild_zebra.pl goes indexes both the new records and the
records that have previously been imported.  Is this the way it is
supposed to work?  Do I need to do something to have it only index the
new records?  Do I need to run rebuild_zebra.pl after each batch of
records or can I bulk import all the batches and then run
rebuild_zebra.pl once?    Thanks.

//SIGNED//

PERRY OTIS

Systems Librarian

Muir S. Fairchild Research Information Center

DSN 493-6498  Comm 334-953-8081