[Koha] Koha-Community Site & Press Releases

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sat Mar 6 00:11:06 NZDT 2010

"Lenora Oftedahl" <OFTL at critfc.org>
> I concur with this summary of how the press releases should be
> handled. I understand the vendors plight as well and would like for
> them to have separate space. But on a number of websites, the real
> news gets lost in the "We signed a contract" type stuff which is
> irrelevant to all but those seeking a vendor and the vendors.

Personally, I think it should be irrelevant to those seeking a vendor
too.  If a vendor needs to should that loudly about what contracts
they're signing, rather than reporting afterwards in journal articles
and so on, then something seems a bit wrong to me.  "X signed Y" is
not clear news - it might just mean X's sales/negotiators are good.

So, my view: let's try to make sure all company press release feeds
are on the koha blogs / Yahoo pipe feed and just link all that in a
side bar on the koha-community.org site.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software