[Koha] Koha-Community Site & Press Releases

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Fri Mar 5 21:59:52 NZDT 2010

Le 04/03/2010 19:34, Liz Rea a écrit :
> Please take a look at the koha-community.org website, these changes have been implemented as originally described (with a couple of verbiage changes).
>
> Or see this screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/OTFkOWMx
>
> Thank you all for the good advice, I like the way it looks now (and I feel happy about the general agnostic-ness of the site. Win all around. :))

mmm... just a suggestion : could the "support company press" be a little
bit closer to "support company news"?
Something like :
Support Company News        [all company press]

    * ByWater Solutions Celebrates One Year of Providing Open Source
Services to Libraries
    * Acton Public Library Partners with ByWater Solutions for Koha
Implementation

[all company press] being the new thing, moved from bottom

Other suggestion : having a "site news" before the company news. As of
today, the "site news" is quite hidden on the bottom/right of the screen.

3 possibilities :
1 - have news displayed on the home page. The home page would have 2
parts : the "static" part (Home of the Koha) and the "news" one
2 - have news on a specific menu on top : [about] [news] [About]
[documentation]...
3 - have news on a box on the right just before Support company news

I like the idea of 2 AND 3 at the same time.

2 side notes :
- ++++ for the "Event calendar". We should use it heavily !
- could the width of the page (white part) follow the screen size ? I've
a wide 22" screen, and a lot of place is lost on left& right. Having,
say 10% on left & 10% on right should be OK/enough.

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com