[Koha] Koha 3, bulk imported records not showing up in search

Otis, Perry W Civ USAF AETC AUL/LTIA perry.otis at MAXWELL.AF.MIL
Thu Mar 4 11:10:39 NZDT 2010

I just installed Koha 3 on a Ubuntu system.   It's up and running and
now I need to import some MARC records.  I have a lot, so I am trying to
use bulkimport.pl to do the job.  I ran it on a file with about 89000
records and it seemed to run ok.  Then I ran rebuild_zebra.pl with the
command 'perl -I /usr/share/koha/lib
/usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -v -b -w'.  It gave
me an error message about being unable to unlock some files, so I ran it
again using sudo.  This time it seemed to go without a problem, but when
I go to search the OPAC I only get 'no records found' messages.  I
checked the log viewer and it shows 89000 records added, but they don't
seem to be searchable.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

//SIGNED//

PERRY OTIS

Systems Librarian

Muir S. Fairchild Research Information Center

DSN 493-6498  Comm 334-953-8081