[Koha] How to make smaller version of Koha?

Vimal Kumar vimal0212 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 18:02:55 NZDT 2010

I submitted a query to find a solution to reduce the size of Koha package.

I didn't received a proper solution. I succeeded in find a solution at last.

Here is the solution.

Template files of various languages make Koha big size.

Template files of intranet and OPAC resides in "koha-tmpl" folder.

We can reduce the size of Koha package by deleting unwanted lanuage files.

Follow the steps here,

1. Extract the koha package.

2. Enter into koha-3.00.05/koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog

3. Delete all folders except "en" and "img"

4. Enter into koha-3.00.05/koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/prog

5. Delete all folders except en, famfamfam, images, itemtypeimg.

Here "en" is the language folder name for English. If your language is
different, you can retain your language instead of English.

It will reduce the koha package to 20 MB. Then you can start the
installation using the small size koha.

It take less time for Koha installation.

Smaller size Koha is useful for save your time in training programmes and
installation for others.

--
Vimal Kumar V.
Asst. Librarian