[Koha] managing staged marc records for upload through "tools"

Jeremy Shellhase Jeremy.Shellhase at humboldt.edu
Wed Jun 30 09:41:22 NZST 2010

Chris,

Thanks, that makes sense to me.

Jeremy C. Shellhase
HSU Library
707-826-3144
jeremy.shellhase at humboldt.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Cormack [mailto:chris at bigballofwax.co.nz]
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 1:51 PM
To: Jeremy Shellhase
Cc: koha-user
Subject: Re: [Koha] managing staged marc records for upload through
"tools"

CCing the list so others can comment

On 30 June 2010 08:26, Jeremy Shellhase <Jeremy.Shellhase at humboldt.edu>
wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I mean the a - Permanent Location, c- Shelving Location, b- Current
> Location, and other item values.
>
> The staging and importing screens offer options to create new items, but
> can't find where I tell it which location and which shelving location to
> use.

They only create items if you have item data attached in the 952
field. So if you want to upload a bunch of records with items attached
you need to add 952 fields to your records, 952a and 952b and 952c are
the subfields for location, 952p is for barcode.

> I can add items individually, but that's sort of painful.

If your MARC records don't have item information, that is really the
only way to do it. I would recommend using a tool like MarcEdit to add
item information to your marc records before importing them

Chris