[Koha] OpacMainUserBlock

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Sat Jun 26 01:00:00 NZST 2010

> I have multiple opacs, so I would like to have each with its own
> "OpacMainUserBlock"

How do you have multiple opacs? Are you using the multi-OPAC setup?

If so, that method doesn't support multiple OpacMainUserBlocks because
it doesn't support separate databases for each OPAC. It does give you
alternate stylesheets for each OPAC, so a workaround is to create a
single OpacMainUserBlock with multiple sections:

And then style each one differently in each OPAC's custom stylesheet:

In stylesheet 1: #section1 { display: block; }  #section2 { display:
none; } #section3 {display: none; }
In stylesheet 2: #section1 { display: none; }  #section2 { display:
block; } #section3 {display: none; }
In stylesheet 3: #section1 { display: none; }  #section2 { display:
none; } #section3 {display: block; }

The theoretical downside to this method is that it assumes your users
are using a browser which obeys CSS rules. I don't know whether that
is a realistic worry in your particular case.

 -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries