[Koha] Koha error(uploading Patron's image)

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Jun 11 21:51:56 NZST 2010

bariki.kamara at out.ac.tz
> Am trying to upload a Patron's image without success, am end up with the
> following error below:
[...]
> Can't locate object method "newFromJpeg" via package "GD::Image" at
> /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0/GD/Image.pm line 81.
>
> Apache	Server version: Apache/2.2.12 (Ubuntu) Server built: Mar 9 2010
> 21:20:44
[...]
> What might be a cause of this error.

Building GD perl modules or libgd without jpeg support might cause
that error.  I expect that Ubuntu provides a package of GD::Image
built with jpeg support (libgd-gd2-perl perhaps) which is good enough
and should be used instead of build-it-yourself from cpan, but I have
not checked.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software