[Koha] Koha Templates

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Fri Jun 11 07:03:07 NZST 2010

> 2)      My second question is that I am trying to change the template on the
> OPAC and have so far only found an option to change the tiny koha graphic to
> something of my choosing.  Is there a list of available templates for koha
> 3.2 alpha?

Koha doesn't have different themes available for it like Wordpress
does. However, it does offer quite a bit of flexibility in ways of
styling your OPAC the way you want it. Check out the OPAC-related
system preferences:

http://koha-community.org/documentation/3-2-manual/?ch=c19#AEN1648

In particular opacheader, opaccolorstylesheet, OpacMainUserBlock,
opacuserjs, OpacNav, OPACUserCSS

See also several posts on OPAC customization on my blog:
http://www.myacpl.org/koha/

It is possible to change the appearance of your OPAC by directly
modifying the templates (koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl), but I don't recommend
it: Every change you make will have to be tracked and re-implemented
if you ever want to upgrade to a newer version of Koha.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries