[Koha] MySQL socket errors

Reed Wade reed at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Jun 8 10:15:33 NZST 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 12:55 AM, Robert Meltz <RMeltz at insolnet.com> wrote:
> Thanks Reed, could you please clarify a bit? Are you referring to the line in my.cnf that contains "bind-address" because if so, it is already set to 127.0.0.1.

(Sounds like you find your real problem in that log, but..)

No, in the client connection setting for koha.

And my knowledge starts to get a little hazy at this point but I think
the mysql service will create a named socket as well as listening on a
TCP port. Client connection libraries will use the named socket if you
use localhost as the host name instead of using the TCP connection.
And 5-10 years ago that made a lot of sense, and maybe there still is
some efficiency but I just hate it when apps try to be that cute (by
this I mean treating localhost as a special name).

With some virtual machine configurations local networking can be a
little bit broken.

-reed