[Koha] passwords

Scott Owen sowen at edzone.net
Thu Jul 15 03:46:12 NZST 2010

If the password are still just MD5 hashed (I'm still using 2.2.9 on windows..so I have little info on current versions)...., last time I did this, I had to do a bulk MD5 hash on my patron passwords , then bulk import patron data from a CSV (with the hashed passwords) via MySQL rather than use the built in tools.

Worked fine.

-Scott Owen
Alma Public Schools

>>> Chris Nighswonger<cnighswonger at foundations.edu> 7/14/2010 11:30 AM >>>
Hi John,

2010/7/14 John Simonds <simonj2 at sage.edu>:
> We have uploaded patron records, but koha auto generates passwords, how do
> we get around this?  Will we have to go in to each record and create a
> password or is there a way to do this in a batch?

IIRC there is no way to do supply your own passwords in the bulk
upload tool. You may want to open a feature request for this at
bugs.koha-community.org. I worked in that area of the code back at the
end of last year, and such a feature would not be too hard to add.

Kind Regards,
Chris