[Koha] Query About Marc Records

sivaji j.g sivaji2009 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 23:43:02 NZST 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 10:33 AM, rohitsingh <rohit.singh at rsg.co.in> wrote:

> how we can create MARC records for books that do not have Library of
> Congress Data?

There are many ways to do it, i refer to go with MARC-Record-2.0.2 perl
extension [1]

[1]
http://search.cpan.org/~gmcharlt/MARC-Record-2.0.2/lib/MARC/Doc/Tutorial.pod#NAME

> How we should be able to enter the data in to a CSV file

Create a spreadsheet file with desired columns like title, author, ISBN,
publication, etc. populate it with data obtained from librarian and save it
as CSV file.

> and then
> programaticaly create MARC records for upload in Koha eventually?

You will have to write a script that uses MARC-Record extension, pass the
CSV file as input and it will generate MARC file for you.

Trust me you don't need to be a Perl programmer to do it. The test script i
wrote is here http://pastebin.com/HXYuYfmm

You may need to alter the code to match the dataset you have.

> --
Thanks
Sivaji