[Koha] Koha releases

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Sun Jul 4 07:36:52 NZST 2010

2010/7/4 Lori Bowen Ayre <lori.ayre at galecia.com>:
> Reed,
> This is exactly what I was trying to get at and I think what I've come away
> with -- after sorting through all this -- is that it requires educating the
> clients of companies doing development.  We (clients) must insist on more
> than features we want developed.  We need to also ensure that they will be
> developed according to the Koha community norms; namely, in such a way as to
> ensure that the resulting product benefits everyone and doesn't lock me
> (client) into a single vendor for support and further development.
> Lori

Hi Lori et al

It's funny you should mention that, now that we have all the speakers
confirmed for Kohacon10, I can let people know that on 2.15pm on the
27th, we have a group discussion scheduled to talk about just that.

"Support Checklist Discussion"

" There are many Koha service providers, with various offerings, from
installation help, training, custom development work, general support,
to full-blown hosting. Over the years, many providers and customers
have gained much experience with what works and what does not.

A checklist of best practices for Koha service providers and their
customers would help everyone. For providers, it would suggest ways
they might improve their business. For customers, what they might
look for when choosing a provider.

A good way to kick-off such a list would be to have a group discussion
when a lot of the people involved, from all sides, are in the same
room. Someone needs to write down the important points, and probably
there should be a moderator to keep the discussion on track.

The result would be put on the Koha wiki, with invitatations on Koha
mailing lists and other fora for all to discuss and improve it."

There are also some other fantastic talks lined up, we are just
collecting bios etc and then the full programme will be published.

Chris