[Koha] Schools Consortia Idea

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Jul 2 11:12:15 NZST 2010

Op donderdag 01-07-2010 om 21:06 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Lars J.
Helbo:
> which I think would be more than enough for a school library. But even
> if you could install 5 instances on such a server, you should
> consider, if it is worth that? You would save a little money of
> course; but if that is the only advantage - compared to the more
> complicated installation and maintenance.

It's cheaper, and requires less resources in other ways (data centre
space, power, etc.) It also makes the administration easier, rather than
harder. If you want to upgrade koha, you have only one place to do it.

We have been making a system that makes this pretty easy, we can
provision a new instance by running a command, and creating a database
on the DB server. Most, if not all, of the code for this is currently in
the Git master branch.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.