[Koha] Email alert from Koha

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sat Jan 30 15:10:42 NZDT 2010

"Emrys Minnig" <emrysminnig at varndean.co.uk>
> I prefer qmail, which I've set up on several Koha servers.  I wrote
> these (hopefully) easy instructions for qmail installation on Debian
> Lenny, though it should be similar for other *nix systems.

Those instructions don't look koha-specific and also seem to have some
risky practices like downloading unsigned tarballs.  Using one of the
various qmail packages (like netqmail or qmail-ldap) is probably
simpler, but I'm reminded of this quote from debian ftpmaster Joerg
Jaspert:-

  "And then there is the question if such a piece of software should really
   go into Debian. There are *way* better  MTAs out there that dont need
   tons of patches applied just to fulfill basic requirements for a MTA."

Please, only install qmail if you really want it and are sure that you
have dealt with the spam backscatter and silly error message problems.

Scarred,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software