[Koha] Users and developers (was KUDOS - ALA Proposed Agenda)

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 15:43:25 NZDT 2010

2010/1/21 Lori Ayre <loriayre at gmail.com>:
> Could be it isn't a good fit for the Koha community.  As I said, it is
> designed to fill a need for Evergreen which isn't currently using anything
> like this.  But even if no one here thinks it makes sense for Koha, perhaps
> someone could respond to the RFP with a Bugzilla-based solution!  That would
> be welcome.

Actually, the Evergreen community is in a trial period of using
LaunchPad (http://launchpad.net/evergreen) for many of these purposes
(bugs, blueprints for future developments, for indicating interest in
a particular bug or feature, translations, etc). LaunchPad doesn't
have a formalized interface for "sponsorship claiming" or a funding
model attached to it, but to be frank KCLS runs the risk of investing
lots of money in developing a solution to a problem that the rest of
the Evergreen community isn't interested in.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what they come up with and evaluate
it then. In the meantime, the LaunchPad experiment continues.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University