[Koha] run zebra as a daemon on suse linux

Peace Pear nemo3407 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 21 10:08:11 NZDT 2010

Hello everybody,

I am Ann. I am trying to install Koha on an open suse linux. I already followed all the instructions, but it seems that we lack of document for make zebra run on a suse linux sever.
The zebra start sucessfully but as a frontend process with the command:
zebra srv -f /etc/koha/koha-conf.xml
Then I found some instrutctions how to run zebra as a daemon (http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=koha_3_install_guide_ubuntu_hardy
) but it seems that those applied to ubuntu not suse.
But when I am trying to run the koha-zebra-ctl.sh I got, daemon command not found.

Have anyone here had experiences working on Suse Linux give me some advices.

Thanks in advance.

Ann