[Koha] Serials module issues:

Christopher Curry ccurry at amphilsoc.org
Tue Jan 19 06:08:09 NZDT 2010

Hello all,

I'm sending these issues to the lists first to see if anyone has
experienced them in the past.  I will submit them as bugs if I don't
learn that they are the result of a configuration problem.  I'm using
Koha 3.00.05.001 (3.0.x from git) on Debian Lenny.

1. When setting up a subscription, I set up the following parameters:

Under "Serials planning"
First issue publication date: "01/18/2010"
"1/week" from the "Frequency" drop-down.
"Volume, Number" from the "Numbering pattern" drop-down.
Starting with Volume "1"; Number "1"
Rollover at "52"
Subscription start date: "01/18/2010"
Subscription length: "Number of issues": "52"
I test the Prediction Pattern, which returns:

Based on the information entered, the Numbering Pattern will look like
this:
Vol 1, No 1
Vol 1, No 2
Vol 1, No 3
Vol 1, No 4
Vol 1, No 5
Vol 1, No 6
Vol 1, No 7
Vol 1, No 8
Vol 1, No 9
Vol 1, No 10
Vol 1, No 11
Vol 1, No 12

When I save the subscription, everything works as it should.01/17/2011
is projected as the "End date"

If, instead, I enter "01/01/2010" as the "First issue publication date"
& "Subscription start date," the "End date" is projected as
"12/31/2009."  Since the end date is before today and the start date,
the issues in the subscription cannot be received and the "End date"
cannot be corrected.

Everything works fine if I use a frequency other than "1/week" so it
seems the bug is related to this frequency type.

2. If I enter all data as in #1, with the exception of:

Subscription length: "Number of months": "12"

After saving, this field is automatically changed to "Number of issues."

I can't get this field to stick on either of the other two choices in
the "Subscription length" drop-down box.

--

Cheers,

Christopher Curry
Assistant Technical Librarian / Assistant IT Officer

American Philosophical Society
105 South Fifth Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106-3386
Tel. (215) 599-4299