[Koha] environmental variables or something else?

Jesse pianohacker at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 11:04:05 NZDT 2010

2010/1/14 Amy Schuler <schulera at caryinstitute.org>

>  Good morning,
>
> Sorry for the re-post.  I did not receive any responses so I will try once
> more in case there are any bright ideas
>

> A few days ago it was suggested to me that my environmental variables
> Koha_conf and PERL5LIB were not set up, which may lead to the problems I had
> running the migration tools (bulkmarcimport, authority import) .
>

> It seems to me that my environmental variables are set up correctly.  Here
> we have run the echo command and also tried bulk authority import again.  If
> this printout below suggests anything new, I am grateful to hear your
> thoughts.
>
> Thanks again!
>

> koha at Koha3:~/kohaclone/misc/migration_tools$ echo $KOHA_CONF && echo
> $PERL5LIB /home/koha/koha-dev/etc/koha-conf.xml
>
> /etc/perl/C4
>

> koha at Koha3:~/kohaclone/misc/migration_tools$ ./bulkauthimport.pl -file
> bulkauthimport.xml Use of uninitialized value $conf_fname in concatenation
> (.) or string at /etc/perl/C4/Context.pm line 321.
>
> read_config_file() returned undef at /etc/perl/C4/Context.pm line 321.
>
> Use of uninitialized value $conf_fname in concatenation (.) or string at
> /etc/perl/C4/Context.pm line 321.
>
> read_config_file() returned undef at /etc/perl/C4/Context.pm line 321.
>
> Use of uninitialized value $conf_fname in concatenation (.) or string at
> /etc/perl/C4/Context.pm line 321.
>
> read_config_file() returned undef at /etc/perl/C4/Context.pm line 321.
>
> Use of uninitialized value $conf_fname in concatenation (.) or string at
> /etc/perl/C4/Context.pm line 321.
>
> read_config_file() returned undef at /etc/perl/C4/Context.pm line 321.
>
> Use of uninitialized value $conf_fname in concatenation (.) or string at
> /etc/perl/C4/Context.pm line 321.
>
> read_config_file() returned undef at /etc/perl/C4/Context.pm line 321.
>
> Can't call method "config" on unblessed reference at
> /etc/perl/C4/Context.pm line 655.
>
> Compilation failed in require at /etc/perl/C4/Items.pm line 30.
>
> Compilation failed in require at /etc/perl/C4/XSLT.pm line 22.
>
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /etc/perl/C4/XSLT.pm line 22.
>
> Compilation failed in require at /etc/perl/C4/Search.pm line 27.
>
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /etc/perl/C4/Search.pm line 27.
>
> Compilation failed in require at /etc/perl/C4/AuthoritiesMarc.pm line 24.
>
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /etc/perl/C4/AuthoritiesMarc.pm line
> 24.
>
> Compilation failed in require at ./bulkauthimport.pl line 20.
>
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./bulkauthimport.pl line 20.

Are these environment variables exported, or merely set? You can test using:
env | grep KOHA_CONF

If you've set KOHA_CONF (for example) using the following:

KOHA_CONF=/home/koha/koha-dev/etc/koha-conf.xml

then it will not be passed to launched programs. Make sure you're using
export for both of them:

export KOHA_CONF=/home/koha/koha-dev/etc/koha-conf.xml
export PERL5LIB=/etc/perl/C4

--
Jesse Weaver