[Koha] zebra for new item types

Christopher Curry ccurry at amphilsoc.org
Thu Jan 14 08:37:27 NZDT 2010

Hello all,

I added three new item types and imported records from those item
types.  Only records with the existing "BK" item type are showing up in
a search.  I didn't get any errors during indexing.  I wonder if it's
necessary to configure zebra so it sees the new item types?  Can anyone
point me in the right direction?  I've been looking at this page in the
manual, but it doesn't reference which configuration files to edit:
http://koha.org/documentation/manual/3.0/searching/guide-to-searching/indexing-configuration

In addition, I imported 215,000 BK, but the following search:
cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?idx=kw&op=and&idx=kw&op=and&idx=kw&limit=mc-itype%3ABK&sort_by=relevance&do=Search

only returns 135,906 results.  I haven't yet determined the common
properties (if any) of the 79,000 missing records.

Any pointers to zebra configuration documentation would be greatly
appreciated.

--

Cheers,

Christopher Curry
Assistant Technical Librarian / Assistant IT Officer

American Philosophical Society
105 South Fifth Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106-3386
Tel. (215) 599-4299