[Koha] Cataloging workflow

Joann Ransom jransom at library.org.nz
Thu Jan 7 12:22:22 NZDT 2010

Hi owen,

Yes we have always catalogued straight into Koha. The caveat though is that
we have traditionally been of the quick and dirty school of cataloguing. We
are struggling through Koha 3.2 cataloguing because we now have to import
marc records in order to unleash the power of Koha more effectively - and
its a big learning curve :) We have played with importing records 1 at a
time through z39.50 server and that seems to work reasonably well. Is there
a better way - low cost that I should know about? I don;t want to have to
pay some 3rd party for marc records created by and arguably owned by
librarians. If some development time and money needs tobe invested in making
this cataloguing process smoother I'd be interested in contributing.

Cheers Jo.

--
Joann Ransom RLIANZA
Acting Head of Libraries,