[Koha] Cataloging workflow

David Schuster dschust1 at tx.rr.com
Fri Jan 8 07:28:19 NZDT 2010

Plano ISD - I find records in Biblios and other Z target locations and
generally export them out of Biblios.  Biblios still has a problem with &amp
issues.

We generally import them into MarcEdit for editing as it is more of a
notepad editor and has LOTS more features etc...

I've been able to make a connection with MarcEdit to Koha and played some
with that, but havn't actually done anything further as far as pushing them
back to Koha after the edit etc via Z3950 - which from my understanding of
Terry's weblog can be done.

I know MarcEdit is not fully open source, but sure is a great cataloging
tool!  The only main drawback I have when doing original cataloging in
MarcEdit is there is no authority file to automatically pull in the
authorities etc... but then again the authority file in Koha is questionable
anyway.

More than you probably wanted to know.

David Schuster