[Koha] OPAC display problems

Inock Siziba isiziba at tcz.co.zw
Thu Jan 7 23:08:27 NZDT 2010

Compliments of the new year, and trust the message finds you all very well.
On carrying out a search from our OPAC, the availability details of some
materials are not showing on the search results list. This is especially
so, for some few new books recently added to the catalogue, although
most of the new books also recently added will display the availability
details informationn. May someone kindly advise why we are experiencing
this inconsistance whenever the index is updated?

Just to prove it for yourselves, you may make a search for the following
search term (Jewish and Christian) from our catalogue at
http://tcz.co.zw:8383
You will realize that 9 search results will display, but the ninth
record (This strange story by Davis Stacy) has a blank on the
availability area. However, if you also search by author (Davis Stacy)
nothing is displayed on the status space. There are many such
inconsistancies being encountered in our OPAC display. Please help, so
we can arrest the problem before it develops any further.

Inock Siziba
Theological College of Zimbabwe