[Koha] Use of Amazon reviews etc illegal?

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Feb 23 04:45:26 NZDT 2010

Owen asked:
> If so this explicitly contradicts what Joshua Ferraro was told by
> Amazon.com when Amazon functionality was first being formally
> integrated into Koha. I remember a mailing list post on the subject
> but now I can't find it. Does anyone else remember? [...]

Not a mailing list post, but I just found
http://blogs.liblime.com/developers/2007/04/16/amazoncom-web-services-and-library-catalogs/
which seems pretty good and links to the full agreement so you can
check for changes.  The blog post summarises it as:

   "* if content is cached locally, it must be updated every 24 hours;
    * if you download in real-time, you can only download up to 1000 items per IP address per day;
    * if you download in real-time, you cannot download more than one item per second per IP address.
    * if you use their content, you must provide a link back to any Amazon.com page"

but I've not checked that.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software