[Koha] Access denied 'koha'@'localhost'

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Sat Feb 20 02:32:21 NZDT 2010

Hi Sven,

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 6:05 AM, Sven Jankofsky
<sven.jankofsky at tfh-wildau.de> wrote:
> Thanks for the help.
> I tried to change the mysql pw by using webmin. There are two pw possible but both did not work. could you tell me where to check the pw koha is using?

Run the mysql client from a terminal window as your kohauser and do this:

SHOW GRANTS\G

The results should look something like this:

mysql> SHOW GRANTS\G
Grants for kohaadmin at localhost: GRANT ALL ON koha.* TO
'kohaadmin'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '<password hash>'

If it does not, you need to:

1. exit the mysql client
2. log back into the client as user root
3. execute something like this:

GRANT ALL ON koha.* TO 'kohaadmin'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY
'<superSECRETpassword>';

4. verify that the username/password used here match that in koha-conf.xml

This information can also be found in the INSTALL.* file in the root
of the directory where you extracted the Koha archive or the root of
the git repo which matches your platform.

Kind Regards,
Chris