[Koha] Kids Catalog interest?

David Schuster dschust1 at tx.rr.com
Wed Feb 17 03:09:54 NZDT 2010

I've been in contact with some Evergreen folks that are going to start
working on developing a Kids Catalog type interface that will be targeted
toward k-3 grade students to use.  Similar to the old Carl catalog I
suspect, but they are starting from scratch.

If others are interested in this type of interface please reply to this post
so we can judge interest and the possibility of collaborative development.

I believe they have an IMLS grant that is helping to pay for some of the
development.

http://biblio-os.blogspot.com/2010/02/kids-catalog-project-gets-underway.html
- blog post from Amy Terlaga

example of TLC's - kids catalog:
http://starship.snap.lib.ca.us/remote/servlet/kcHome

example of III?
http://vulcan.bham.lib.al.us:90/

I figure if nothing else we might be able to share the icon development and
not the searching or???