[Koha] Amazon Private Key

mcmlists at people.net.au mcmlists at people.net.au
Sun Feb 14 12:54:48 NZDT 2010

Hi Nicole,

My statement that "what we call the Amazon private key is really the
Amazon Secret Access Key" was based on the following: I have just set
up my Amazon associate ID and AWS access keys in Amazon, and the site
described two keys as follows: (this is cut and pasted from Amazon's
Associates' "Manage your account" page:)
You will need access identifiers to call the Product Advertising API,
authenticate requests and identify yourself as the sender of a
request. Two types of identifiers are available: AWS Access Key
Identifiers (Public and Secret Keys) and X.509 Certificates.

The site guides you to set up the Public and Secret keys.  It does
not mention a "Private key".  So I assumed that what you referred to
in the 3.2 manual as a "Private Key" was meant to indicate Amazon's
"Secret Key". But perhaps you had something else in mind?

Unfortunately I can't test this as I'm on Liblime's Koha Express,
which is still back in Koha 3.00.02.012 and has no system preference
entries for Amazon reviews or for the Secret/Private key.

Mike Mason