[Koha] Z39.50 and Amicus - update

Agnes Rivers-Moore arm at hanover.ca
Wed Feb 10 10:09:00 NZDT 2010

Dear all

A while back I did some testing of Z39.50 cataloguing search, and wrote
a piece on my results. At the time I found that searching Amicus was
considerably slower than other sources (and I did test over several
weeks, on and off). I am glad to report that Amicus is no longer slow to
respond.
This does not invalidate the general point, that each Z39.50 target
should be evaluated to ensure that it is responding promptly (or at all)
when choosing preferred sources for MARC records.

Agnes

--

Agnes Rivers-Moore
Assistant Librarian