[Koha] Email alert from Koha

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sat Feb 6 06:56:52 NZDT 2010

"Emrys Minnig" <emrysminnig at varndean.co.uk>
> To those individuals who have emailed to thank me for helping them
> set up a mail server for their Koha installation, I regret to inform
> you that you have been deceived.  My advice was not helpful.  In the
> future I shall refrain from providing such amateurish assistance,
> instead leaving it to the experts.

That reminds me of
    "The Lurkers support me in e-mail
    They all think I'm great don't you know."
http://barb.velvet.com/humor/lurkers.html ;-)

Really, is it so unreasonable to want answers to be at least an
attempt to answer the question as asked and contain some Koha content
on a Koha email list?

If anyone wants to install an email server on lenny, the command "sudo
aptitude install mail-transport-agent" and answering the few dialogue
boxes is much easier and safer than following that HOWTO and it will
work for lots of past and future versions of debian too.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software