[Koha] Budgets in 3.2 Acquisitions

Galen Charlton gmcharlt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 05:49:30 NZDT 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Garry Collum <gcollum at gmail.com> wrote:
> I talked with our Acquisition's Librarian.  She thought that both
> 'root' and 'source' are programmer's terms.  'Source' is better than
> 'root.'  She preferred 'Main' or 'Material's Budget.'

I agree that 'root' and 'source', both of which refer to the tree
structure of the budgets, could be viewed as programmers' terms, but
'Materials Budget' seems a little too book-centric - i.e., a source
budget could in fact be a budget for materials, but a top-level budget
could also be for electronic databases licensing.

That said, either "Source Budget" or "Main Budget" works for me,
though the latter only as long as there's no confusion caused by the
fact that you could have multiple "main" budgets.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton