[Koha] Library class using Koha

Shirley Lew shirleysue at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 06:22:40 NZDT 2010

Hello,

I'm new to this discussion list and thought I should introduce myself.
My name is Shirley Lew and I'm teaching a course, Library Automation &
Systems, at the School of Library, Archival & Information Studies
(SLAIS) program at UBC this term - course web site is here
http://blogs.ubc.ca/libr551/blog/. The course is using an instance of
Koha for Class and we also have access to Evergreen for
learning/teaching purposes. For the majority of students, this is the
first opportunity for hands-on exploration of an open source ILS and
they're looking forward to it!

The major course assignment this term involves evaluating and
comparing some of the functionality between Koha and Evergreen. I will
be encouraging students to subscribe to this listserv, both to observe
the discussion and to ask questions as they get to know the system.
The Koha community is clearly a very supportive and collegial one, so
I thank everyone in advance for any help/support you can offer
students who may ask questions.

Shirley