[Koha] No results match your search for “available” in Catalog

LAURENT Henri-Damien henridamien.laurent at biblibre.com
Thu Dec 23 19:51:59 NZDT 2010

Le 23/12/2010 07:34, Chris Cormack a écrit :
> I haven't yet, I was wondering if you had a patch for it working at
> itemlevel, if not ill do one uncommenting it again.
>
> Chris

Well anything you would do to solve this would be quite disappointing.
So uncommenting would be ok for us.

To give more details.
Either you would loose correct count of hits and performance on result
display using a while loop and getting the next result while you donot
have 20 results... ... But would be also a pain to paginate.

Or you would loose the accuracy making at biblio level what should be at
item level.

So we worked on that. Hard. But never got a satisfying solution.
The solution nehuel came up with was to hide the unavailable items and
biblios of current page. And then it would show 3 biblios if you had
only 3 biblios with items available... At least as far as I can
remember... Maybe he implemented the while solution...
Having a stylesheet to grey out those unavailable items/biblios would be
better and quicker.

Availability is a slippy notion. Could mean checkout-able (availability
to loan) or on-shelf... Most users think it is onshelf... But... Could
be reserved... withrdrawn...
We are building a plugin for solr to index and calculate availablility
of a record. This will be a much solid solution I think.

My 2 cents.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT