[Koha] Imported records not found in catalog search

Shelley & Kurt Kemperman ksckemperman at chartermi.net
Mon Dec 20 11:29:39 NZDT 2010

Thanks to Chris, I have been able to use the z39.50 search function to
import MARC records for books, but when I go to search for those books
in the catalog, they are not found.

This is what is happening:

Did z39.50 search by book title;  found record;  clicked on "import"
Took me to "Add MARC record" page;  clicked on "save";  unable to save
because 003 field was blank;  clicked field and default value of "OSt"
appeared;  then able to save record
Took me to "Items for..." page;  changed item type (y) to appropriate
value;  unable to add barcode (p) because I don't have labels yet;
clicked "add item";  record appeared at top of page

Then, if I type the title (or author or ISBN #) into the "search the
catalog" box on home page, I get "no results found"

Tried clicking on "More" at top of home page;  clicked "Cataloging"
and typed title into that search box
It says "no results found", but right under that, the record appears
in "Biblios in Reservoir";  if I click on "Add biblio", it takes me
right back to the "Add MARC record" page and the circle repeats!

Wondering what error I made or what step I missed.  Could it be the
003 MARC record field where I used the default value because we don't
have a control number identifier?  Or could it be because I couldn't
put in a bar code yet?
I'm stuck - can anyone help me?

Thanks, Shelley