[Koha] Curious searching problem with zebra

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Sun Dec 19 05:01:28 NZDT 2010

On 19 December 2010 02:21, Bob Ewart <bob-ewart at bobsown.com> wrote:
> It would mean that you could get more hits than with the and in place,
> but that's better than no hits.

Yep, but surely it's even better to get hits for what you are actually
searching for :)

> An alternate idea would be to put quotes, either kind, around the search
> phrase, if there is not ccl= or and = for that matter.  That does work.

Yep, Henri-Damien suggested that, it becomes a phrase search, not a
wordlist search at that point. Which means that the words have to be
in that order. So it's now a different search.

> I'm not disagreeing with your solution, just trying to come up with
> alternatives.

Sure,  I'm just unsure why :) The problem is we are treating the word
and as an operator, if we don't do that, the problem goes away.

Chris