[Koha] Crontab appearing to not run

Fogg, Shawn (DPH) Shawn.Fogg at state.ma.us
Fri Dec 17 04:58:29 NZDT 2010

Hi,

I need a little basic help with crontab and re-indexing the database.

I am using one of the pre-build virtual machines with v3.03.00.004. I SSH into the system using the koha user.

When in that user I can run:

/home/koha/kohaclone/misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -a -z

and it will properly reindex the database so that new catalog entries will show up.

If I do:

 crontab -l

in the list I have an entry of:

*/10 * * * *  /home/koha/kohaclone/misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -a -z >/dev/null

Which I believe should re-index the database every 10 minutes. This isn't occurring though and I have not been able to figure out why.

I don't know if it means anything but the rebuild_zebra is a little funny. If I move into the migration_tools directory I can't simply run rebuild_zebra.pl -b -a -z. It comes back with command not found. The only way I can run it is using the fully qualified path.

Any thoughts as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Shawn