[Koha] Searching by system number

LAURENT Henri-Damien henridamien.laurent at biblibre.com
Wed Dec 15 00:30:16 NZDT 2010

Le 14/12/2010 11:07, Stefano Bargioni a écrit :
> Diving into templates and include files, I discovered that changing cataloging-search.inc line 9 from
> <form name="search" action="addbooks.pl">
> <form action="/cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/search.pl">
> enables searches like sn:NNNN.
> This is the same action of serials-search.inc.
> IMHO this is a bug.
> Stefano
It would be a bug if it used the same "search" engine in all your cases :
cataloging is using search on mysql data before sending search to zebra.
serials is mostly searching on subscription table in mysql data
and other are using zebra.
... So not using the same search engine.
Therefore you could consider that as a bug... But that would need a very
serious and severe funding and coordination with community to build
that. And I would not throw my hat on that.

--
Henri-Damien LAURENT