[Koha] Zebra Database User and Password

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 03:40:14 NZDT 2010

Hi tzabal,
I'm not an expert on zebra but I know koha uses two different zebra
databases: one for authorities and the other for biblios.
In a standard install they are stored on /var/lib/koha/zebradb/.

During the install procedure you supply two pairs of user/pass, one
for each. This users/pass are stored in the zebra config files on
/etc/koha/zebradb (zebra-authorities.cfg and zebra-biblios.cfg files).
When you launch the koha-zebra-daemon process it uses those files to
start the server and provide access to the databases.

Koha itself uses those user/password pairs to access zebra. Koha's
config file is /etc/koha/koha-conf.xml, there you will find where to
change that info, which should be consistent with that in
koha/zebradb/zebra*.cfg

Good luck
To+