[Koha] Cataloging question- adding tags

Hillyard, Cecil CHillyard at washoecounty.us
Tue Dec 7 08:10:52 NZDT 2010

Hello Koha people,

I have  some questions about cataloging.

How do you add a tag to a bib record when the tag does not already
exist?  There seems to be no mechanism for inserting a new tag.  I can
duplicate but not add.

Can one just change a tag number if it was erroneously labeled?  e.g.
changing  650  0 Outer space to 651  0 Outer space.  Or do you have to
reenter all the information into the correct tag?  Not impossible but it
would be simpler to just change the tag number as we do now.

Cecil Hillyard

http://library.washoecounty.us

Washoe County Library Technical Services

4001 S. Virginia St.

Reno, NV 89502

tel.: 775-827-1885

fax: 775-827-5484