[Koha] Koha item type used to select MARC Framework?

Peter Huerter pete.huerter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 06:47:01 NZDT 2010

How does Koha select which "MARC Framework" is relevant to a particular item?
Is "item type" used for this?

We have several pre-defined MARC Frameworks: SR, IR, BKS, CF, VR, FA, KT,
AR, SER and Default framework.

I am trying to figure out which one to modify for a book (we have an item
type BK = Book).  I'm wondering if Koha uses the "BKS" MARC Framework for a
book?

(Really what I'm trying to do is force the call of callnumber.pl.)

Thanks,
Pete.