[Koha] About problem in Unicode Nepali

Fischer, Katrin Katrin.Fischer at bsz-bw.de
Sat Aug 28 00:08:15 NZST 2010

Hello Nitesh,

we experienced the same problem with Hebrew records. Our problem was solved by using ICU chains for indexing with zebra

In the mail archive you can find files and some more information:

http://markmail.org/search/?q=icu+marc#query:icu%20marc+page:1+mid:hmtfccsjhs4kdfzx+state:results

We used that as a starting point to change our configuration to ICU. Not all of the enhanced search features work with ICU. It helped to turn off of most of the search system preferences and turn them back on one after the other while testing. I see in our configuration that we still don’t use QueryStemming and QueryWeightFields – not sure if both cause problems.

Good luck,

Katrin