[Koha] Problems with imported records via MarcFile created with MArcEdit

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Aug 26 22:14:25 NZST 2010

CrEp wrote:
> I'm trying to import a MARC file created via MarcEdit.
> It is made up of 26544 records.
> After importing in Koha reports there are 26544 records, but when I search
> into catalogue I sometimes find 6444 records and other times more records.
> For example, when I search by title "java" I sometimes find 4 items and
> sometimes 5 items.
> Do you have any suggestion?

How was it imported and what feedback was given by the import command?
Is there any pattern in when it finds 4 items and when it finds 5?
Other than that, I'd be looking to check both zebra and koha
configuration and test the search processes in the way I described
yesterday.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef) Webmaster and developer for hire at | software