[Koha] DATA MIGRATION REQUEST

Bob Ewart bob-ewart at bobsown.com
Sat Aug 14 14:01:56 NZST 2010

On 08/13/2010 02:01 AM, Keah, Humphrey (ICRAF) wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> I have checked for previous questions on migrating data from INMAGIC to
> KOHA on the KOHA users forum as we have just installed KOHA at the World
> Agroforestry Centre Library and are hoping to migrate data from INMAGIC
> version 9.0 to KOHA. Unfortunately I didn't get a useful answer. Could
> someone please help. We intend to migrate data from INMAGIC version 9.0
> which is not MARC-based, to KOHA. Any help, will be highly be
> appreciated.
>
> Rgds
>
> Humphrey

I went through that a little over a year ago.  We were running Inmagic's
DBText for Libraries.  I'm not sure what version we were running, we
stopped updating the program for several years.

I documented what I did in my blog at:
  http://bobsown.net/wordpress/?cat=6

The topics are listed in latest first order, so you need to start
reading from the bottom.

Unfortunately, the perl modules didn't transfer when I moved the blog to
its current home.

If you're interested, I'll be happy to send them to you.

--
Bob