[Koha] data migration from one KOHA installation to another

Susan Mustafa susan.mustafa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 23:34:06 NZST 2010

Dear Rekha,

Kindly follow the steps below:  [All These steps require that you are
technically aware and these steps require access to the database behind
KOHA, not using Koha]]

- Backup the 3.0 database using programs such as MySQL Administrator, or
using Webmin if you are familiar with it, etc
- Delete the new Koha-3.0.6 database
- Create the koha 3.0.6 database again *should be empty)
- import the 3.0 database backup dump into this 3.0.06 koha database
- Make sure you add the user koha or kohaadmin or whoever the admin is to
the Users Group of Koha
- Import this database backup *dump* into the Koha database of 3.0.6 using
MySQL Administrator or webmin.
- Run the web-installer again by going to
http://kohaip:8080/cgi-bin/koha/installer/install.pl
- The web installer will update and restructure your database to match thd
3.0.6 version now.

I know its complicated, so I hope you are familiar with databases and linux.

Hope this helps

Regards,